The Moccamaster although reminiscent of american drip coffee machines is anything but that. The Moccamaster has been awarded certifications from all the world’s leading specialty coffee organizations.
At Inglewood we always have a Moccamster on the go. Its ability to produce high quality filter coffee in large volumes makes the Moccamaster perfect in home, office and cafe settings.
What you’ll need:
- 60g freshly ground filter coffee (consistency of flakes of rock salt)
- Moccamaster Filter Paper
- Cold water
- Stirring spoon
See below for our step by step guide for brewing coffee with a Moccamster (serves 5 people)
- Fill water reservoir with 1 litre of cold water
- Fold the filter paper at each hem and place into the brew basket.
- Rinse the filter paper through the basket and drain into the carafe to heat it.
- Grind 60g of coffee to a coarse setting (similar to flakes of rock salt) and pour into brew basket so it creates a flat bed.
- Ensure the drip stop lever is closed and turn on moccamaster
- Let the coffee bloom for 1 minute
- At 1 minute open the drip stop lever and break the crust.
- Once there is no water left in the reserve, turn off the moccamaster and serve.